Bridal Trends for 2015-2016 Wedding Season from top Indian Designers at Amazon India Couture week 2015
The Fashion Design Council of India’s five day fashion extravaganza highlighted finest fashion trends for the upcoming wedding season in India. Myra Collections presents you with all the little details and our take on upcoming trends for brides-to-be.
The fashion fiesta which took place at the Taj Palace, New Delhi from the 29th July to 2nd August, played host to the most exquisite Indian designers and was filled with Bollywood superstars from the likes of Shilpa Shetty, Kangana Ranaut and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan garcing the ramp.
Couture Trends Takeaways:
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan walk the runway for Manish Malhotra revealing ‘The Empress Story’ being clad in metallic silvers to rich golds and burgundys.
Other key takeaways from his collection were sheer veils, stunning soft pink embellishments and floral designs.
Darker than usual designs @ Sabyasachi’s with voluminous lehengas in darker colours with golds, browns and deep reds and heavy embroidery.
Persian theme @ Anju Modi’s ‘Kashish’ collection comprising anarkalis and lehengas. ‘Kashish’ which means attraction stayed true to its name with its ultimate regal elegance. Bright colours with pinks, mint greens, and yellows in voluminous outfits are must haves for any bride.
Shilpa Shetty graced the catwalk for Preciosa presents Rimple & Harpreet Narula looking regal in a pale rose outfit with heavy gold embroidery. The collection stuck to a red and gold colour scheme emphasising the splendour and opulence of the Maharajas.
Our key takeaways for upcoming Jewellery Trends
Most designers opted for heavy Kundan jewellery to complement their aesthetic outfits ranging from chokers to multi layer long Kundan necklaces. Kundan chokers with a pearls were also a favourite to combine modern and regal looks of the outfits. We feel Kundan will continue to dominate teh next wedding season in different variations such as heavy chokers and chunky long necklaces.
Myra Collections is staying ahead of its game stocking these trendy pieces for the modern day bride. Call us on 07756 111577 for a style consultation.
Stay tuned for upcoming report on trends from the much talked about Vogue India Wedding Show 2015.
Top tips to get the wedding wheels in motion
For brides having only a month left to D-Day the jitters must have set in.
Take a deep breath, relax and spend a day sitting back and reviewing your beauty routine.
The secret lies in following the basics:
- Eat healthy meals: A healthy body reflects on your face. Drink eight glasses of water every day, get enough beauty sleep and stick to your fitness routine.
- Skin care: Re-visit your hair spas and salon treatments, get into intensive gear to tackle chronic problems such as dryness, under eye circles and cracked heels. This is also a good time to get started on a good day and-night skin regime if you don’t already have one. Use day and night creams after cleansing and toning.
- Nails: Grow your nails. Stubby nails will not add to bridal allure. Regular manicures and pedicures will keep your hands and feet soft and nails glowing. Rub in moisturiser on your hands and feet before going to bed. Soak your feet in warm water with bath salts when you feel tired or stressed.
- Finalise your look: Finalise your look for the ceremonies and the actual wedding right down to the last detail with your hair and makeup artist. You don’t want to try new things on the D Day... Go through the Internet and magazines to check out the looks you really like. Just keep in mind that all the latest styles may not suit you. It's a good idea to consult a stylist (good hair and make up artist will be able to help you with this).
- Delegate, delegate, delegate: Make an excel sheet with duties and people responsible for certain tasks on the day and their contact numbers. You don’t want people coming to stress you about little things on your big day.
- Don’t try anything new in the last 30 days: That expensive new moisturizer you just received as an early wedding present? Or that overnight treatment (“guarantees a beautiful bridal glow”) you read about in your favourite magazine 10 days before the wedding? Step away from the shiny new container. Now! Nothing new touches your skin in the last 1 month before your big day. No new treatments, facials – not even a new makeup remover or face wash! Stick to what has suited your skin in the past. Now is not the time to experiment.
Coming up next week...3 weeks to the wedding day - top tips for our beautiful brides. Subscribe to our mailing list to stay updated on latest trends in Asian Weddings. Follow us on Facebook and twitter.
These e newsletter is created for our lovely clients by Myra Collections. We specialise in Asian wedding gift items, traditional wedding essentials, semi-precious and exquisite bridal jewellery and wedding favours. Contact us today for a bespoke quote for your wedding.
Top tips to get the wedding wheels in motion
- Final Dress Trial: If you have not already done it, all the trials for your wedding dress/ reception outfit/ cocktail party dress should be done now. Schedule all of your outfit fittings and bring the accessories that you plan to wear from head to toe. It will give you a better idea of your overall look and also allow time to make any necessary modifications.
- Beautiful You: Keep your skin glowing by continuing the facials, body massages and body wraps at your salon and remember no new treatments or cosmetics at this stage. Stick to tried-and-tested products or services.
- Digital Seating Charts make your life easy: You might be dreading finishing the task of who will sit where but it's a necessary evil. To make your life easier, consider using a digital seating chart tool like tablerrr.com or allseated.com, which helps you manage everything electronically. Make your RSVP date about three weeks before the wedding date so that you have enough time to determine the final headcount and round up any stragglers.
- Quality ME time or a fun date with your girlfriends: The month before the wedding is packed with appointments and obligations. Even if your planning has been smooth sailing up until this point, odds are that you could use a break. Book a massage and unwind or plan a date with your girlfriends — and no, I don't mean an evening spent browsing wedding ideas.
- Is your timeline ready? We mentioned in our previous post the importance of delegating with a wedding day timeline. If you have not already done that now is the time to get cracking on it. One little glitch can create utter chaos and throw everything off. Determine timing and logistics and have an excel sheet ready with timings for the day and important phone numbers. Include some padding in case mishaps do occur. (Watch out for free wedding day timeline template we will sharing with our readers in our next newsletter)
- Repeat after us: Everything will turn out great: A lot of brides we've interviewed have said that the last month leading up to the wedding is the hardest, and from my personal experience, I've found that to be true. When things get stressful and hectic, I repeat the following positive affirmations and pray that all of the hard work, planning and sacrifices will have been worth it. So repeat after us “EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT GREAT”.
If you like our articles and handy tips SUBSCRIBE to our weekly newsletter to stay updated on latest trends in Asian Weddings.
Coming up next week: 2 weeks to the wedding day - top tips for our beautiful brides.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.