Top tips to get the wedding wheels in motion
For brides having only a month left to D-Day the jitters must have set in.
Take a deep breath, relax and spend a day sitting back and reviewing your beauty routine.
The secret lies in following the basics:
- Eat healthy meals: A healthy body reflects on your face. Drink eight glasses of water every day, get enough beauty sleep and stick to your fitness routine.
- Skin care: Re-visit your hair spas and salon treatments, get into intensive gear to tackle chronic problems such as dryness, under eye circles and cracked heels. This is also a good time to get started on a good day and-night skin regime if you don’t already have one. Use day and night creams after cleansing and toning.
- Nails: Grow your nails. Stubby nails will not add to bridal allure. Regular manicures and pedicures will keep your hands and feet soft and nails glowing. Rub in moisturiser on your hands and feet before going to bed. Soak your feet in warm water with bath salts when you feel tired or stressed.
- Finalise your look: Finalise your look for the ceremonies and the actual wedding right down to the last detail with your hair and makeup artist. You don’t want to try new things on the D Day... Go through the Internet and magazines to check out the looks you really like. Just keep in mind that all the latest styles may not suit you. It's a good idea to consult a stylist (good hair and make up artist will be able to help you with this).
- Delegate, delegate, delegate: Make an excel sheet with duties and people responsible for certain tasks on the day and their contact numbers. You don’t want people coming to stress you about little things on your big day.
- Don’t try anything new in the last 30 days: That expensive new moisturizer you just received as an early wedding present? Or that overnight treatment (“guarantees a beautiful bridal glow”) you read about in your favourite magazine 10 days before the wedding? Step away from the shiny new container. Now! Nothing new touches your skin in the last 1 month before your big day. No new treatments, facials – not even a new makeup remover or face wash! Stick to what has suited your skin in the past. Now is not the time to experiment.
Coming up next week...3 weeks to the wedding day - top tips for our beautiful brides. Subscribe to our mailing list to stay updated on latest trends in Asian Weddings. Follow us on Facebook and twitter.
These e newsletter is created for our lovely clients by Myra Collections. We specialise in Asian wedding gift items, traditional wedding essentials, semi-precious and exquisite bridal jewellery and wedding favours. Contact us today for a bespoke quote for your wedding.